for Best Article (published in English or in French) in Social Sciences and Humanities
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2017
Prize Amount: 213 CZK (i.e. 9.261 CZK)
Official Award Ceremony: 16 June 2017
Language of application: English
This award is included within the Jacques Derrida Award organized by the French Embassy in the Czech Republic and Mgr. Karel Janeček, PhD., MBA, which rewards the best PhD research work in social sciences and humanities in the Czech Republic.
Born from the desire to support young researchers from the Czech Republic who endeavour to embed their research within the European and international networks, this initiative from the CEFRES Platform aims to award an article in social sciences and humanities published in a high-level peer-reviewed academic journal.
Since 2014, CEFRES Platform gathers the French Research Center in Social Sciences in Prague, the Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University in Prague.
Young researchers from all disciplines in social sciences and humanities from the Czech Republic may apply to the CEFRES Platform special award, whatever the topic of their research may be.
Applications may be sent directly by young researchers themselves to the following address: email@example.com
- to be a PhD student or to have defended one’s PhD thesis at the earliest in 2010 in a university of the Czech Republic (so-called “cotutelle” PhDs are eligible; young Czech or Slovak researchers who defended their PhDs in a university abroad can also apply)
- to submit to the award competition an article in English or in French published in a peer-reviewed academic journal recognized by such databases as Web of Science, Scopus, or by the European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIH plus)
- to have published the afore mentioned article between 2014 and 2017 (articles accepted for publication shall be excluded, since the award is to be renewed yearly)
- to submit one article only: applications including two or more articles will be excluded from the competition
The following information completed:
- Name and Surname:
- Date and place of birth:
- Personal email:
- Personal phone number:
- Personal address:
- Professional email:
- Professional phone number:
- Professional address:
- Subject of Thesis:
- Date of (past or forthcoming) defence:
- Year and Faculty of registration:
- PhD supervisor(s):
The application should also include:
- An academic curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- An off-print of the submitted article for the Prize. NB: only one article will be considered; applications including two articles will be excluded
- The complete bibliographical references and a short summary of the submitted article in English or French
- A letter explaining the originality and prospects of the research involved in the article
An interdisciplinary jury presided over by the director of CEFRES and representatives from the CEFRES Platform will select the laureate. The laureate will be notified by 1 June 2017 and will have to be available for the award ceremony.
Supported by Mgr. Karel Janeček, MBA, PhD., the award will be given at Palais Buquoy, the seat of the French Embassy in the Czech Republic on 16 June 2017 along with the other scientific awards of the French Embassy.
The Institute for Advanced Study at CEU (IAS CEU) is pleased to invite applications for its fellowships for the academic year 2017/18.
The application deadline for all four fellowships is: October 24, 2016.
Calls are open for the fellowships listed below. Applications to more than one of the programs are possible but the application process and the requirements are not always the same.
SENIOR AND JUNIOR CORE FELLOWSHIPS – 12-15 awards
HUMANITIES INITIATIVE JUNIOR FELLOWSHIPS – 2 awards
THYSSEN@IAS CEU FELLOWSHIPS – 2 awards
BOTSTIBER FELLOWSHIP – 1-2 awards
IAS CEU Fellowships are highly competitive and will be awarded on the basis of scholarly excellence.
The Institute for Advanced Study at Central European University (IAS CEU) has as its primary mission to support excellent scholars in their pursuit of knowledge in a multidisciplinary scholarly environment. Each year, IAS CEU invites some 20 researchers in the social sciences and humanities to spend 3 to 10 months as fellows working on their own research projects. Visiting scholars benefit from the University’s academic and technical resources and from the vibrant cultural and intellectual scene in Budapest. IAS CEU seeks to build connections among its fellows, CEU faculty, and local and regional academic institutions to facilitate high-level interdisciplinary cooperation. For further information on IAS CEU, please visit: http://ias.ceu.edu/.
Call for application for 2nd year and above PhD students from France and the Visegrad countries
Deadline for submission: 15 March 2016 (6 PM).
Duration: September 1st 2016 – August 31st 2017.
CEFRES offers year-long fellowships at the center to 2nd year and above PhD students from France, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 20 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life.
Continue reading CFA: Young Researcher Fellowhips at CEFRES (France & Visegrad Countries)
Call for applications for 2nd year and above PhD students at the Charles University or the Czech Academy of Science, Czech Republic.
Deadline for submission: 15 March 2017 (6 PM).
Duration: September 1st 2016 – August 31st 2017.
In the frame of its Platform, CEFRES offers a year-long fellowship to two PhD students enrolled at the Charles University and/or working as fellows at the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 10 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life. Continue reading CFP: CEFRES Platform PhD Fellowships
Application deadline: 01/02/2016
Starting: September 2016.
More info: http://www.ens.fr/admission/selection-internationale/
To apply (in English): http://www.ens.fr/admission/selection-internationale/article/session-2016?lang=en
Check the video on Facebook!
The Ecole normale supérieure of Paris holds a prestigious place within the best universities worldwide. Students are granted stimulating surroundings and a diversified offer for many formations.
International Selection is a great opportunity for excellent foreign students to join French university excellence. They prepare a Master and ENS Diploma. A personal tutor and a scholarship (1,000 euros/month for 2 or 3 years) give them the best conditions of studies.
To apply: http://www.ens.fr/?article2771.
Candidates receive a letter of acceptance (or refusal) in March 2016. Selected applicants are invited to take part in an exam session in July in Paris. After a series of written and oral tests, final results are proclaimed. The academic year starts at the begining of September 2016.
- Candidates must not be after their 25th birthday on December 1st.
- Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before.
- Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.