The applicants must be French and/or English speakers.
Within its cooperation with the Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University, CEFRES welcomes MA or PhD students from this faculty as interns. Internships last from one to three months and grant ECTS credits in the student’s curriculum (1 month-4 ECTS, 2 months-8 ECTS, 3 months-12 ECTS). Continue reading CFA: Internships at CEFRES for students from FSV UK
Deadline for submission: 29 July 2021 (midnight)
Period: 1st January 2022—31st December 2023
Application Language: English
Address for submission: email@example.com (please copy the email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Two post-doctoral researchers will be recruited from 1st January 2022 for two years at CEFRES. They will be both affiliated to CEFRES and to a relevant department for their research at Charles University. Both post-doctoral researchers will be recruited on the basis of the quality of their research project. The results will be published in October 2021. Continue reading CFA: Two Post-doctoral Positions at CEFRES – Charles University
Call for applications for 2nd year and above PhD students at the Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2022 (5 pm)
Duration: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2023
In the frame of its Platform, CEFRES offers a year-long fellowship to PhD students enrolled at the Charles University and/or working as fellows at the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 15 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life. Continue reading CFA – 2022 CEFRES Platform PhD Fellowships
This year, the French Research Center in Humanities and Social Sciences in Prague (CEFRES, USR CNRS 3138), CNRS, and the Czech Academy of Sciences (AV ČR) are launching the third call for applications for the “TANDEM” incubator program. “TANDEM” is a program of the CEFRES Platform and endeavors to excellency in social sciences and humanities.
The aim of the TANDEM program is to associate two researchers, one from the AV ČR, one from the CNRS (French National Research Center), around a joint research project leading to the submission of an ERC project (Synergy grant, but also Starting, Consolidator, or Advanced grant).
Continue reading CFA – TANDEM Program, CNRS / AV ČR 2022-2024
Call for application for 2nd year and above PhD students from France and the Visegrad countries
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2022
Duration: 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2023
CEFRES offers year-long fellowships at the center to 2nd year and above PhD students from France, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 25 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life.
Continue reading CFA – 2022 Young Researcher Fellowships at CEFRES (France & Visegrad Countries)
The interdisciplinary selection jury of the CEFRES mobility grants auditioned 12 candidates on May 27, 2020. It congratulates all the candidates for the high quality of their file and their hearing.
After deliberating, the jury have decided as follows:
Platform CEFRES Grants
- Ekaterina Zheltova (Charles University, FSV): Between the Northern Epirus and Chameria: Political, cultural, and linguistic imaginaries in the Albanian-Greek borderlands
Young Fellows Grants
- Felipe Kaiser Fernandes (EHESS): Le marché au quotidien : les défis d’une ethnographie du « marché »
- Mert Kocak (CEU): Transnational Governance of Displacement, Sexuality and Gender Identity: UNHCR as the Main Actor in Creating a Legal Basis for Asylum-Seeking for LGBT Refugees in Turkey
- 1. Nikola Ludlová (CEU): Roma as an Object of Science and State Polices. Knowledge and Citizens in the Making in Post-war Czechoslovakia, 1945–1989
- 2. Véronique Gruca (Univ. Paris-Nanterre): Chamanisme, mort et mines en Mongolie post-communiste
The following candidates are proposed to become « associated fellows » to CEFRES for the year 2020-2021:
- Adrien Beauduin (CEU): Réarticulations de genre, sexualité, race et classe dans la droite radicale
populiste en Tchéquie et en Pologne
- Véronique Gruca (Univ. Paris-Nanterre): Chamanisme, mort et mines en Mongolie post-communiste
- Lukáš Kotyk (Charles University, FSV): Nonhierarchical Model of Project Governance
- Nikola Ludlová (CEU): Roma as an Object of Science and State Polices. Knowledge and Citizens
in the Making in Post-war Czechoslovakia, 1945–1989
- Tereza Sedláčková (Charles University, FSV): Multiple bodies in the context of vaccination as a medical practice