Call for Applications: one month visiting professor at École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS) in Paris.
As part of the cooperation agreement between EHESS, CEFRES, Charles University in Prague and the Czech Academy of Sciences, concluded with the aim of intensifying Franco-Czech scientific exchanges in the field of humanities and social sciences, EHESS proposes the hosting of a teacher/researcher from Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences for one month between October and December 2021.
- the call is open to all professors/researchers in humanities and social sciences at Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences;
- the guest researcher will be fully integrated into EHESS. He or she will be expected to give four presentations in seminars or other scientific events at EHESS;
- the presentations should be in English and/or French; it is preferable that at least one of them be in French;
- the selected researcher will receive 2055 euros to cover his/her flight and accommodation expenses; Campus France will provide assistance to find an accommodation at a preferential rate.
The application file will include the following elements:
- a CV and a list of publications of the candidate;
- proposals for interventions during the stay;
- any other element supporting the application (e.g. a research project requiring consultation of archives or other materials in France);
- projects of cooperation in progress or in preparation with local partners, etc.
For more information on the pedagogical and scientific activities of EHESS, please refer to the School’s website: http://www.ehess.fr.
All applications must be sent electronically (in a single PDF file) before June 10, 2021 to email@example.com.
Applications will be examined by a committee representing the partners involved: EHESS, CEFRES, Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University.
For further informations on the cooperation between EHESS and CEFRES, please contact Jérôme Heurtaux, scientific director of the cooperation at CEFRES: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for applications for 2nd year and above PhD students at the Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2021 (5 pm)
Duration: 1 September 2021 – 31 August 2022
In the frame of its Platform, CEFRES offers a year-long fellowship to PhD students enrolled at the Charles University and/or working as fellows at the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 10 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life. Continue reading CFA – 2021 CEFRES Platform PhD Fellowships
This year, the French Research Center in Humanities and Social Sciences in Prague (CEFRES, USR CNRS 3138), CNRS, and the Czech Academy of Sciences (AV ČR) are launching the third call for applications for the “TANDEM” incubator program. “TANDEM” is a program of the CEFRES Platform and endeavors to excellency in social sciences and humanities.
The aim of the TANDEM program is to associate two researchers, one from the AV ČR, one from the CNRS (French National Research Center), around a joint research project leading to the submission of an ERC project (Synergy grant, but also Starting, Consolidator, or Advanced grant).
Continue reading CFA – TANDEM Program, CNRS / AV ČR 2022-2024
Call for application for 2nd year and above PhD students from France and the Visegrad countries
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2021
Duration: 1 September 2021 – 31 August 2022
CEFRES offers year-long fellowships at the center to 2nd year and above PhD students from France, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 20 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life.
Continue reading CFA – 2021 Young Researcher Fellowships at CEFRES (France & Visegrad Countries)
Deadline for applications: 20th December 2020, 5 pm
Fixed-term contract (1 year) with the possibility of extension
Full time (37 hours per week)
Start date: 1st February 2021
Place of work: CEFRES, Na Florenci 3, Prague 1
Gross salary: 32 315,- CZK
The Executive Assistant will assist CEFRES Director in the performance of his office.
- Participation in the organization of CEFRES scientific activities in cooperation with Czech and foreign partners;
- Help with the running of the daily operations of CEFRES (correspondence, accounting, etc.);
- Administration of electronic communication networks (CEFRES website, newsletter, Carnet de recherche blog, Facebook, etc.);
- Translation of texts (Czech-French/French-Czech);
- Providing administrative support to CEFRES and its academic partners;
- Participation in the management of CEFRES interns;
- External visitor reception.
- Master degree in humanities or social sciences;
- Experience with administration related to the organization of scientific activities and projects in the Czech Republic;
- Knowledge of the Czech higher education system and its institutions;
- Responsibility, diligence, curiosity, accuracy, excellent written skills;
- Native language Czech or Slovak, excellent knowledge of French and English;
- Computer skills (MS Office, website administration, etc.).
Applications (cover letter and CV) to be sent to Jérôme Heurtaux, CEFRES Director (email@example.com) by 20th December 2020. The pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview.
CFA: International PhD Contrat “All Alone” in East-Central Europe: Reinventing the Orphan from the Fascist to the Socialist Era
Deadline for submission (on Portail Emploi): 30 June 2020
Interviews (videoconference): 6-8 July 2020
Start date of the thesis: 1st October 2020
Contract period: 36 months
Remuneration: 2 135,00 € gross monthly
The selected candidate will be enrolled in the PhD program “Civilizations, Cultures, Literatures and Societies” (ED 4), within the Faculty of Arts of the Sorbonne University. They will be a member of the research group Eur’ORBEM “Cultures and Societies of Eastern, Balkan, and Central Europe” (CNRS, Sorbonne University, UMR 8224). Eur’ORBEM is an interdisciplinary research unit in social sciences and humanities which gathers experts on Eastern, Central and South-Eastern Europe. The PhD project is part of two research areas proposed by Eur’ORBEM: “History, Memory, Identities and Conflicts“ and “Arts and Transculturality”. The PhD student is expected to take full part in the scientific life of the research team. The PhD shall be supervised by Doc. Clara Royer, PhD, a specialist of East-Central European cultures at Sorbonne University (http://eurorbem.paris-sorbonne.fr/IMG/pdf/2019_cv_clara_royer_fr.pdf). The PhD student shall take part in the scientific life of the research team.
The PhD contract requires a mobility period in East-Central Europe. The PhD student should spend preferably 3 months per year gathering the necessary sources of their research. According to the focus of their PhD dissertation, the PhD student may do fieldwork in at least one Visegrad country (Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia). For this research period, they will be welcomed by the French Research Centre in Social Sciences (CEFRES – USR 3038 CNRS-MEAE) in Prague, Czech Republic CEFRES is part of the network of French Research Institutes Abroad (UMIFRE). CEFRES is therefore under the tutelage of both the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and of the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). The Center will provide the PhD student with administrative and logistic support while allowing a stimulating scientific environment thanks to its research Platform with The Charles University and the Czech Academy of sciences, but also through its scientific network spread in other Visegrad countries.
See further information on CNRS website: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/Doctorant/UMR8224-CLAROY-001/Default.aspx?lang=EN
En français: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/Doctorant/UMR8224-CLAROY-001/Default.aspx