Mapping and Connecting Ukrainian Science Diaspora in France, Czech Republic, and Visegrád Countries
Research Area 3. Objects, Traces, Mapping: Everyday Experience of Spaces.
Igor Lyman – Doctor of History, Professor, Head of the Department of History and Philosophy at Berdyansk State Pedagogical University, Coordinator of International Relations of Berdyansk State Pedagogical University, Head of the Expert Council of National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance (Ukraine), Member of Presidium of NGO “Innovative University”, Member of Research Institute of Urban History, Coordinator of Scholar Support Office.
He published 40 books, monographs and edited volumes, 227 articles in academic journals and chapters in books. The books and articles by professor Lyman have been published in Ukrainian, English, Russian, German, Spanish, Polish and Greek languages in Ukraine, USA, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia and Kazakhstan.
He was a member of the international projects “Progressive University Management” (Masaryk University), “Changes of Pedagogical Faculties and Universities in the 21st Century” (Masaryk University, Czech Development Agency), “Formation of a Network of Experts on the Quality Assurance of Higher Education” (Center for Studies in Higher Education (Czech Republic), Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine), the project “Innovative University and Leadership” (the University of Warsaw, the Jagiellonian University, the Artes Liberales Foundation (Poland); the International Charitable Foundation “International Foundation for Educational Policy Research”).
Besides, he took part in projects of DAAD, COST Action, Erasmus+ KA2, Erasmus+ KA107, TEMPUS IV, USAID, GIZ, HESP, Stipendienprogramm der Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz, Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, the Petro Jacyk Non-Resident Fellows program at the University of Toronto, American Council of Learned Societies etc. Spheres of research activities: History of International Relations, Regional History (History of the Southern Ukraine), Maritime History, Religious History, Social History, Oral History, Urban History, Gender Studies, Historiography, Archeography, History of Education, Modernization of the educational system of Ukraine.
- 2005: Doctor of Science “The Orthodox Church in the South of Ukraine (1775-1861 years)”
- 1996: PhD “The Church Organization of Zaporozhzhya Volnosti (1734-1775 years)”
- December 2010 – Present: coordinator of International Relations of Berdyansk State Pedagogical University.
- March 2007 – December 2010: Berdyansk State Pedagogical University. Vice-Rector of International Relations.
- 2006 – Present: Berdyansk State Pedagogical University. Doctor of History, Professor.
- 2002 – 2005: Zaporizhzhya State University. Post Doctorate.
- 1999 – 2002, 2005 – Present: Berdyansk State Pedagogical University. The Head of the Department of History of Ukraine (since September of 2016 – Department of History and Philosophy).
- 1996 – 2005: Berdyansk State Pedagogical University. Lecturer of the History Department (the Department of History of Ukraine), Docent.
- 1993 – 1996: Zaporizhzhya State University. Post-graduate studying.
- 1993: Zaporizhzhya State University. Assistant of the Department of History of Ukraine.
- 1988 – 1993: Zaporizhzhya State University. Student of Historical Department.
Official profiles online