for post-doctoral researchers and 2nd year and above PhD students in the Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia
Next deadline for submission: 20 June 2015.
Duration: 1 September 2015 – 31 August 2016.
CEFRES offers year-long fellowships at the CEFRES to post-doctoral researchers or 2nd year and above PhD students from Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia. Fellows are expected to contribute through their own research to one of the CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowships is 19 000 CZK or 32 000 CZK per month for 12 months according to the graduation level (PhD student or post-doctoral researcher) and enrollment country. Good command of French OR English is obligatory.
Applicants must submit an application package consisting of the following documents:
- Duly filled in application form – to download.
- A summary of the on-going research (5 pages maximum) including:
- an outline of your PhD or post-doctoral research
- the methodological and theoretical frame of your research
- a state of the art presented as bibliographical references (1 page maximum) followed by an explanation on the input expected from your own approach
- only for PhD candidates: the first outcomes since the beginning of your research
- the aims of your research project
- a letter of motivation answering the above questions:
- How does your research project contribute to CEFRES’s scientific policy, specifically within one of the three research areas? (no more than 450 words)
- How do you expect to benefit from the CEFRES for your research? (no more than 300 words)
- two academic reference letters, among which a letter of recommendation from the PhD supervisor in the case of PhD candidates
- a CV and detailed publication list.
- for post-doctoral researchers only: a copy of the PhD certificate and a copy of two published articles (or accepted for publication, with proof of acceptance).
Application packages must be submitted electronically in a PdF entitled “CEFRES Young Researcher Fellowship-your last name” at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Separated documents such as your published articles shall be sent in different PdFs with the same title followed by a numerical suffix “_1” and “_2”.
Preselected candidates will be interviewed by videoconference in early July. Results will be published on 10 July 2015.
To be considered, application packages must be complete. For questions on the application procedure, contact Ms Věra Okénková: email@example.com.
- Applicants must be at least 2nd year PhD students or post-doctoral researchers, who defended between 1 January 2010 and 1 April 2015.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a SSH institution in Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
- Applicants’ research projects must fit in one of CEFRES’s research areas.
- Applicants must have a good command of French or English.