Call for application for 2nd year and above PhD students enrolled at the Slovak Academy of Sciences or the Faculty of Arts, Comenius University.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2023 (call open)
Duration: September 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024
The Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAS), the Faculty of Arts of Comenius University (FiF UK), the French Institute Slovakia (IFS) & CEFRES offer nine-months-long mobility grants at the CEFRES to 2nd year and above PhD students enrolled either at the SAS or the FiF UK. The amount of the mobility grant is of 4500 € per period of 9 months, cumulative with the PhD scholarships at SAS / FiF UK. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and actively take part in the center’s scientific life. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas.
The selected doctoral students will join the CEFRES multidisciplinary research team: they will work in an international research center, present their work at the internal CEFRES seminars, and may also organize a scientific event (workshop, conference…) co-financed by the Center.
Application Package (in English or French)
- Duly filled in application form – download the form here
- A summary of your research (3-4 pp. maximum) incl:
- the aims and inputs of the research
- its methodological and theoretical frame
- the first outcomes since the beginning of the research
- A state of the art presented within a 1 page-long bibliography
3. A letter of motivation answering these two questions:
- How does your research project contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas (450 words)
- How can your research benefit from CEFRES? (300 words)
4. Two academic reference letters, including one from the PhD supervisor
5. A CV with a list of publications and papers
6. Only for SAS PhD students: a letter of authorization from the director of the SAS host institute or centre preferably describing their support for the application (French or English)
7. Only for SAS PhD students: a letter of authorization from the dean of the faculty where the PhD student studies (French or English)
Applications must be submitted electronically in one PdF entitled “Young Fellow-your surname” at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, application packages must be complete.
An informative webinar will be proposed on March 29, 2023, 10am-12pm to answer all your questions regarding the program & the application process.
The applications will be evaluated by a joint SAS-FiF UK-CEFRES experts committee.
- The results of the pre-selection will be known on May 22, 2023.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by video conference
during the week of May 29, 2023.
- The results will be published no later than June 7, 2023.
Questions on the application procedure may be sent to:
- Mr. Michal Kšiňan (Deputy Vice-President for International Relations, SAS), email@example.com
- Mrs Aneta Világi (Vice-Dean for International Relations, FiF UK),
- Mrs Claire Mádl (Deputy Director, CEFRES), firstname.lastname@example.org.