In the frame of the Visegrad Forum program, CEFRES is pleased to host in cooperation with the Faculty of Arts of Charles University (coordinator: Luďa Klusáková) and the French-Hungarian Workshop of the Faculty of Arts of Loránd Eötvös University (coordinator: Gábor Sonkoly and Gábor Czoch) French geographer Lydia Coudroy de Lille from 14 to 17 March 2016!
See the program on our calendar.
Pr. Lydia Coudroy de Lille is a geographer teaching Lumière-Lyon 2 University, a member of the CNRS research group “Environnement Ville Société”. After studying history and geography at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, she wrote her PhD dissertation at Saint-Etienne University then started to work at the Lyon 2 University in 1995 as a researcher and assistant professor. Since 2012, she’s a member of CNRS Network Research Group “Connaissance de l’Europe médiane”, and to the CNRS International Network Research “Espace et réseaux urbains”. She also belongs to the German-French research network Saisir l’Europe/Europa als Herausforderung. In 2015-16, she leads a research program on cooperatives and territorial development with the University of Zagreb.
Her research deals with urban territories in Central Europe, challenged for the past quarter of a century by post-socialist structural transformations, the EU integration and globalization. She questions the impacts of such factors on the dynamics of cities in a comparative approach, with a special interest for Poland. Questions pertaining to housing are at the core of such works, with a special focus on historical factors behind the difficult rebuilding of a cooperative sector in Poland, and on the relationships between metropolization and real estate development. She also scrutinizes the action of the EU as the matrix of such urban transformations in Poland (policy of fighting against poverty, metropolitan strategies and territories, territorial reforms, urban renewal, Special Economic Zones). The research questions the past, present and future stakes of Europe from its central and eastern parts.
- Albert A., Coudroy de Lille L., 2015, “Пути интернационализации европейской метрополии (на примере Лиона)” [The Paths of a European Metropolis Globalization: the Case of Lyon], in L. Rudenko (dir.), ФУНКЦИИ ГОРОДОВ И ИХ ВЛИЯНИЕ НА ПРОСТРАНСТВО [Urban Fonctions urbaines and Their Spatial Consequences], Kiev, Fenix, pp. 60-73.
- Coudroy de Lille L.., 2015, “Housing cooperatives in Poland. The origins of a deadlock”, Urban Research & Practice, vol. 8, n° 1, 2015, pp. 17-31. DOI: 10.1080/17535069.2015.1011424
- Glezer O. B., Kolosov V.A., Brade I., Coudroy de Lille L., & Sluka N.A., “Integrated Forms of Urban Settlement Pattern in Russia, Europe, and Worldwide”, Regional Research of Russia, vol. 4, n° 2, 2014, pp. 80-89. DOI: 10.1134/s207997051402004x
- Belmessous F., Coudroy de Lille L., Bonneval L., Ortar N. (dir.), Logement et politique(s) : un couple encore d’actualité ?, Paris, L’Harmattan, collection « Habitat et sociétés », 2014.
- Coudroy de Lille L., « Le logement en République populaire de Pologne : du “déficit” à la “crise” », Le Mouvement Social, vol. 4, n° 245, 2013, pp. 109-122. Also in English : Housing in the Polish People’s Republic: From “Deficit” to “Crisis”. DOI : 10.3917/lms.245.0109.