Call for Applications: one month visiting professor at École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS) in Paris.
As part of the cooperation agreement between EHESS, CEFRES, Charles University in Prague and the Czech Academy of Sciences, concluded with the aim of intensifying Franco-Czech scientific exchanges in the field of humanities and social sciences, EHESS proposes the hosting of a teacher/researcher from Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences for one month between October and December 2021.
- the call is open to all professors/researchers in humanities and social sciences at Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences;
- the guest researcher will be fully integrated into EHESS. He or she will be expected to give four presentations in seminars or other scientific events at EHESS;
- the presentations should be in English and/or French; it is preferable that at least one of them be in French;
- the selected researcher will receive 2055 euros to cover his/her flight and accommodation expenses; Campus France will provide assistance to find an accommodation at a preferential rate.
The application file will include the following elements:
- a CV and a list of publications of the candidate;
- proposals for interventions during the stay;
- any other element supporting the application (e.g. a research project requiring consultation of archives or other materials in France);
- projects of cooperation in progress or in preparation with local partners, etc.
For more information on the pedagogical and scientific activities of EHESS, please refer to the School’s website: http://www.ehess.fr.
All applications must be sent electronically (in a single PDF file) before June 10, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be examined by a committee representing the partners involved: EHESS, CEFRES, Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University.
For further informations on the cooperation between EHESS and CEFRES, please contact Jérôme Heurtaux, scientific director of the cooperation at CEFRES: email@example.com.
For over 20 years, the Blaise Pascal international research chairs for excellence have been part of the Île-de-France region’s research landscape. These chairs – funded by the Île de France region – enable world-renowned foreign researchers to be hosted by higher education and research institutions in this region. Continue reading Chaires Blaise Pascal funded by the Ile-de-France Region – CFA 2017
Application deadline: 01/03/2016 3:00pm
Starting: see the different schedules
More info: http://www.paris-iea.fr/en/events/appels-a-candidature-2
The Paris Institute for Advanced Studies welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, during the academic year 2018-2019. Continue reading Paris Institute for Advanced Studies – CFP 2017
IMéRA calls for application for residence schemes in 2017-2018. 9 individual calls (1 general call, 8 specific calls with partner institutions) and 1 team call are available.
Application deadline: 18/11/2016.
Starting: September 11th 2017.
More information for individual application and for team application.
– Individual application
– Team application
Eligibility conditions vary according to each call and are specified in the above link.
The general call is open to scientists with university or researcher position in a foreign institution, and artists residing outside France. It is not targeted.
Specific calls are open only to scientists with university or researcher position in a foreign institution, and cover research disciplines or themes.
Candidates must submit their applications exclusively on IMéRA’s website. Applications must include: CV with a list of publications (and/or creations/exhibitions for artists), presentation of research project (maximum 5 pages) with selective bibliography, one to three letters of recommendation for junior researchers, and additional documents specific to each call.
Application deadline: 01/02/2016
Starting: September 2016.
More info: http://www.ens.fr/admission/selection-internationale/
To apply (in English): http://www.ens.fr/admission/selection-internationale/article/session-2016?lang=en
Check the video on Facebook!
The Ecole normale supérieure of Paris holds a prestigious place within the best universities worldwide. Students are granted stimulating surroundings and a diversified offer for many formations.
International Selection is a great opportunity for excellent foreign students to join French university excellence. They prepare a Master and ENS Diploma. A personal tutor and a scholarship (1,000 euros/month for 2 or 3 years) give them the best conditions of studies.
To apply: http://www.ens.fr/?article2771.
Candidates receive a letter of acceptance (or refusal) in March 2016. Selected applicants are invited to take part in an exam session in July in Paris. After a series of written and oral tests, final results are proclaimed. The academic year starts at the begining of September 2016.
- Candidates must not be after their 25th birthday on December 1st.
- Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before.
- Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.
Since 2003, the City of Paris has been proposing hosting programs in research institutes situated in Paris. The conditions of applications were modified in 2015 and post-doctoral researchers only are eligible now. The applications are to be sent by the hosting Parisian laboratory itself.
See the description of the program and the results of 2015 campaign on the website of the City of Paris (in French only).