Call for applications for 2nd year and above PhD students at the Charles University or the Czech Academy of Science, Czech Republic.
Deadline for submission: 15 March 2017 (6 PM).
Duration: September 1st 2016 – August 31st 2017.
In the frame of its Platform, CEFRES offers a year-long fellowship to two PhD students enrolled at the Charles University and/or working as fellows at the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 10 000 CZK per month during 12 months. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life.
- Duly filled in application form – download the form here.
- A summary of the on-going research (5 pages maximum) including:
- the aims and inputs of the research
- its methodological and theoretical frame
- the first outcomes since the beginning of the research
- a state of the art presented within a 1 page-long bibliography
- A letter of motivation answering these two questions:
- How does your research project contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas (450 words)
- How can your research benefit from CEFRES? (300 words)
- Two academic reference letters, including one from the PhD supervisor.
- A CV with a list of publications and papers.
Application packages must be submitted electronically in a PdF entitled ”CEFRES Plateform-your surname” at: email@example.com. To be considered, application packages must be complete.
Application packages can be sent in French or in English.
All applications will be evaluated by a committee of experts. Candidates will be informed of the results of the preselectio by 9 May 2016. Preselected candidates will be interviewed at the CEFRES by a jury presided by the director of CEFRES. Final results will be published on 27 May 2016.
For questions on the application procedure, contact Ms Věra Okénková: firstname.lastname@example.org.