Call for applications for 2nd year and above PhD students at the Charles University or the Czech Academy of Sciences
Deadline for submission: 31 March 2023 (call open)
Duration: 1 September 2023 – 31 August 2024
In the frame of its Platform, CEFRES offers a year-long fellowship to PhD students enrolled at the Charles University and/or working as fellows at the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic. Fellows’ research should contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas. The amount of the fellowship is 225 000 CZK per year. Good command of English is mandatory, command of French is appreciated. The selected PhD fellows will join CEFRES team and take part in the center’s scientific life.
- Duly filled in application form – download the form here
- A summary of the on-going research (5 pages maximum) including:
- the aims and inputs of the research
- its methodological and theoretical frame
- the first outcomes since the beginning of the research
- a state of the art presented within a 1 page-long bibliography
- A letter of motivation answering these two questions:
- How does your research project contribute to one of CEFRES’s research areas (450 words)
- How can your research benefit from CEFRES? (300 words)
- Two academic reference letters, including one from the PhD supervisor
- A CV including, if relevant, a list of publications and papers.
Application packages must be submitted electronically in one PdF File entitled ”CEFRES Plateform-your surname” at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, application packages must be complete.
Application packages can be sent in French or in English.
April-May 2023 : Evaluation and pre-selection of applications by a committee of experts
May, 22nd 2023 : Pre-selection results
May, 29th – June, 2nd 2023 : Video conference hearings for short-listed candidates
June, 7th 2023 : Publication of results
Any questions related to the application procedure may be sent to Mrs Claire Madl: email@example.com.